Dryer Vent Cleaning by Disaster Professionals in Layton Utah
When you need your dryer vents clean, call the professionals at Utah Disaster Team. Not only does it help your home achieve a complete clean, but it also helps avoid potential fire hazards from a lint and dust-filled dryer. According to the United States Fire Administration, 2,900 dryer fires are reported in the United States each year. These cause an estimated number of $35 million in properly lost, 100 injuries, and, sadly, 5 deaths every year. The US Fire Administration lists failure to clean the leading cause of dryer fires. As experts in disaster response, you can count on us to make sure your dryer vents are properly cleaned and make sure you and your family are safe.
When Should I Call for Dryer Vent Cleaning?
Dryer vent cleaning isn’t something you actively think about. You may have a passing thought when you’re emptying the lint trap, but if you notice the following things, you should think about getting your dryer vents professionally cleaned:
- Excessive lint behind the unit
- Heat radiating from unit or very hot clothing
- Dryer not drying your clothes completely
- Moldy smell
- Lint is missing from the lint trap
- Seal to dryer door has lint around it
While we don’t actively think about our dryer vents, if you notice any of these, don’t hesitate to call. We’re happy to help and answer any of your questions that you may have.
If you’re wondering about how often you should get your dryer vents cleaned, we recommend at least once a year. We recommend twice a year if you use your dryer a lot.
Risks in Not Having Your Dryer Vents Cleaned
Along with the potential of a house fire, there’s also other risks that come with clogged dryer vents:
- Potential mold growth – When dryer vents are blocked, moisture remains in clothes or in the lint within the dryer. Moisture plus time equals mold growth. This exposes your home and family health to potential mold problems.
- Carbon Monoxide Exposure and Poisoning – When vents are blocked in gas dryers, these can cause carbon monoxide to seep into your home. Carbon Monoxide can cause breathing problems, difficulty thinking, and even death.
Get your Dryer Vent Cleaned today!
When you need expert help, trust the professionals. Our dryer vent cleaners utilize high-powered and specialized tools to get the job done completely. While you’ll have more peace of mind against the risks listed above, you’ll also enjoy the benefits of having a clean dryer.
First, your dryer will work more efficiently and possibly lower your energy costs. Buildup of lint and dust can cause long term damage to the working parts of your dryer, causing costly repairs. Second, you save time by hiring a professional dryer vent cleaner, especially Utah Disaster Professionals. We know exactly how to get your machine clean inside and out. And since your dryer will be working better, your clothes will dry faster and have less wear.